First day

Greetings from the Zoo!

As far as life goes, I think I lead a pretty average one. I've done much in the 30 years I've been on this earth. I was born (I think that goes without saying), I graduated high school, dabbled in college, got married, bought a home, had a baby, got divorced, filed bankruptcy, went through hell, got married again, etc. I've seen a lot of good and bad things, and have decided to start blogging about my experiences so that someday my son will have a bit of insight to his mother.

In short, I live in a tiny, piece of crap farmhouse in the middle of nowhere with my new husband, my son, and a menagerie of animals. I have a soft spot in my heart for furry beings everywhere, and because of this desperate need to save them all, I've managed to collect 6. My husband had a black labrador retriever named Duke when I met him. My son and I had adopted an orange and white kitty named Zoe the year before I met my husband. Then once we came together, our brood expanded. My sister told me of a german shepherd who was being abused and facing the "death penalty" for biting a small child. (Now, before you start feeling sorry for the kid, he was beating the dog with a baseball bat when the dog tried to defend himself.) In order to save him, he needed to be adopted within one week. So, we brought home Max. My husband and I are good friends with a family that owns a hobby farm, and on this farm there are many, many, many cats. To make up with me after a fight, my husband brought home Jessie - a tiny little gray and white kitten who was weaned too early and on the brink of death. Almost a half a year later, after another famous battle, he brought home a little muted calico kitten - Misty. She had no sob story to tell, and is the sassiest of our animals. Finally, in March of this past year, I decided to buy my husband a pug puppy for his birthday. Not one for small dogs, I did this for him only, and have ended up falling head over heels for our little black snore-machine, Daisy Mae. I will post individual blogs to explain each of our animals...this one would get too long to do that here.

I met my husband online on Match.com. Things moved pretty quickly after we met, and we were living together after one month of dating. My lease was up, and he was living alone, so we decided to give it a try. To be perfectly honest, my husband has treated me better than any man I have ever known. He loves me wholeheartedly and has the patience of a saint. He does have one major flaw that I am struggling to come to grips with. He is a raging alcoholic. I recognized that he drank a lot as we became closer, but as he got more comfortable around me, he started falling into a normal routine, which includes more beer than I can fathom. He doesn't get mean, but he can be belittling and sometimes downright embarassing to be around. Again, another blog for another day.

Things have not been well with my health as of late, and I just found out that I'm going to need a heart catheterization. I've had one of these once in the past, and I guess the odds of having issues come back are minimal, but of course, I have to be the oddball that things come back to. Right now he is suspecting that I have AV Node ReEntry, but my EKG is showing a few underlying things that don't exactly match up with that issue. My surgery is happening on January 6th, and I'm pretty nervous. There seems to be more that is going into this one than the one I had almost 10 years ago. The thing that worries me the most is that I wont know what happened or what the diagnosis is until I wake up. I could wake up with a pacemaker for all I know. Its terrifying.

I have so much more to say, but work to do. Always more work to do.

Wishing you Love, Happiness and Pethair!!

Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sick of the Positive

My Third Pregnancy

Gone Fishing.